Monday, February 1, 2010

My Inspiration

I'm going to start blogging, probably weekly, about things more personal to me; random thoughts at times, just to let off tension maybe, to put things down that I can't quite figure out in my head because it gets all jumbled up with the other stuff. Maybe the real me will come out at times, who knows.

I like to write at night. I have a completed novel that was written over the course of a year, and it's still in the polishing stage. My inspiration for the book came from a dream I had going on two years ago. An old house, an odd family looking at it, an even stranger real estate pro trying to show the place. I jotted down a few notes that night, and decided no long afterwards that this would make a good story. Interesting how everyone is a good writer at first. Lots of rewrites, a critique group the past six months, and I am now starting to get it.

Writing, along with photography, is my great escape. Not that I want to get away from my life, at least not the majority of the time. I have a good life, I'm blessed, I have a wonderful family and great friends that care about me. But sometimes life gets frustrating, and it helps so much to have an escape; a secret place, somewhere to hide away from everything and collect my thoughts, maybe reel in my sanity for a moment. Writing allows this break from reality, if only for a brief period of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment